Saturday 31 January 2009

Day Three and Four

With a Thursday anti-pause disrupting our first week we suddenly arrived at the day we call Friday. Our first week together has already flown by... showing once again that time is a passing constant on which your daddy has no grip... especially when he is spending it with his daughter. Today your mother was working from home, which was a good enough reason to go and get some walnut raisin bread and some croissants. I had to make it up to her because I left the house in a hurry yesterday and ate all the croissants she had gotten for a breakfast spread with JAM. You will learn that giving food is a solution to many arguments, but that is a lesson you will learn when you bring your daddy breakfast in bed, because you painted on the walls again...



After a planned visit of an old colleague of your mothers for whom your father made a caricature, which was meant for another one of your mothers old colleagues... we had to retreat upstairs so not to disturb her delicate working balance. This was fine because the sun was shining upstairs and I could do some small work related things on my laptop while you could practice your fixation on the heart-decorated-mobile you got from yet another old cookie partner of your mothers. I must say it is a privilege to be working next to you. It puts my work in perspective. Time spent on working is time not spent with you...

After a while we took our first amsterdam sling-walk to the apple store, zigzagging back home. I must say that with you in a sling around my neck, I am getting more positive looks then ever! Japanese people seem to be really impressed with your hang style transportation mode. I will try to take you out more often, but with the sling I feel the situation of every pregnant woman... you are pushing directly on my bladder! The rest of the day was pretty normal...except for the fact that you did not have a very good evening, which in turn made me feel kind of helpless.

here's a link to your pictures on flickr:
and a picture just to show everyone how cute you are when you are crying...

1 comment: